With this virtual world we are in, there are numerous opportunities to speak on “stages.” Are you taking full advantage of this time to hone your skills and practice your pitch on the virtual stage? We WILL be back LIVE and, in the room, again; it is just a matter of time. Are you ready?
Event producers and hosts are always looking for engaging and authentic speakers to be a part of their events. But you must have everything in place to even be considered for those all-important slots. If not, let me give you a quick education on what you should have in place before you start sending out emails.
You need tools in your toolbox…
- Your speaker one-sheet ~ do you have one? Is it updated? Does it look professional?
- Is your headshot current? If you do not look like your picture anymore, you need to update. We want to know what you are going to look like when you step on our stage.
- Do you have your 3 talks ready to go with all the take-aways listed? Keep it short and sweet and make them clear so that we know exactly what your expertise is. Talks can be tweaked for an audience, but you can’t be everything to everybody.
- Have you figured out your audience avatars yet? Do you know who you should be talking to? Don’t try and speak to everyone and waste your time getting on stages that are not “right” for you. Determine your audience avatar then go after the groups that fit your ideal audience. Why speak to people who are not interested in what you are sharing. For example, if your specialty is real estate investment, your audience better have money available to invest or you are wasting yours’ and their time.
- Got Video? I want to know if you can walk and talk at the same time. Are you dynamic, energetic or do you just stand there and speak? Video is your best marketing tool. You do not have to have a lot of video, but enough for us to determine if you are the right fit for our audience.
- Do you know what to questions to ask the production team before you step on that stage? You better know what you will need and what they require.
This is just a quick overview, if you would like more details check out my FREE GIFT: 10 Things you need to know before you step on-stage!